A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. Liquids that are ________ than water will sink to the bottom. () (1)
2. A liquid is different from a gas because it has a definite ________. () (1)
3. An example of a solid which can change its shape easily by using our hands is ________. () (1)
4. Where do fishes get oxygen when they breathe? () (1)
Fishes come to the water surface to breathe.
Fishes get oxygen in the water.
Fishes do not need oxygen to live.
Fishes get oxygen from sea-weed.
5. Green plants convert ________ to ________ during photosynthesis. () (1)
nitrogen . . . oxygen
oxygen . . . carbon dioxide
nitrogen . . . hydrogen
carbon dioxide . . . oxygen
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. Air is a matter because it takes up space and has weight.
() 2. Mud in a stream is an example of liquid soil.
() 3. Light from the sun is a matter.
() 4. An inflated ball is heavier than a deflated ball.
() 5. A piece of solid iron can be melted into liquid form.
1. Some solids float on water because it is ____________ than water.
2. Green plants require ____________, ____________ and ____________ to make food.
3. All living things need ____________ in the air to live.
4. Air can be compressed by pumping it into a basketball or __________ by heating.
5. When things burn, __________ is used.