A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. When water boils, the bubbles in the water are filled with ________. () (1)
2. ________ is a solid. () (1)
3. Carbon dioxide and syrup are similar because they ________. () (1)
are soft drinks
have definite shape
have defintie size
4. We can put out a fire by covering the fire with a wet blanket because ________. () (1)
the blanket is an insulator
carbon dioxide is absorbed by the blanket
oxygen supply is cut off
fire cannot burn the blanket
5. When we spread jam on a piece of bread, we are changing the ________ of the jam. () (1)
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. Water can be compressed.
() 2. Hot air is lighter than cold air.
() 3. Solids and liquids have surfaces.
() 4. There is more oxygen than nitrogen in the atmosphere.
() 5. When a piece of paper is burnt into ashes, it changes from solid to liquid.
1. When a jug is tilted, the surface of the water inside the jug remains ____________.
2. Titanium does not absorb water. It is ____________.
3. We cannot see wind but we can ____________ it.
4. An eraser has weight and definite __________ and __________.
5. Two types of gases in the atmosphere are ____________ and ____________.