A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. Hot air rises and cold air sinks, this form of heat transfer is known as ________. () (1)
2. At the peak of Mt Everest, water boils at a temperature ________ 100°C. () (1)
10% more than
3. When a glass of water is placed in a room for a long time, the water level drops due to ________. () (1)
4. Good conductors of heat are ________. () (1)
good conductors of electricity
bad conductors of electricity
always warm or hot
5. In the night, the water in a swimming pool feels warm because water ________. () (1)
cannot absorb heat
can retain heat
is a good conductor of heat
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. Charcoal can give off heat because it stored heat energy from the Sun.
() 2. Most metals are good conductors of heat.
() 3. When a bulb is lighted, light and heat are given off.
() 4. Water freezes at 0°C.
() 5. Air is a good conductor of heat.
1. The letter 'C' on a thermometer stands for ____________.
2. A ____________ is a device for regulating temperature.
3. Energy from the Sun is known as __________ energy.
4. When two objects are rubbed together, heat is generated by __________.
5. The freezing temperature is ____________ as the melting temperature.