A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. The maize plant has a fibrous root system. This type of root system has ________. () (1)
a single main root
no root at all
many branch roots of different sizes
roots of about the same size growing from the stem
2. Which part of a plant is not part of the leaf? () (1)
3. The papaya tree and the coconut tree do not have ________. () (1)
4. Which statement about leaves is correct. () (1)
Leaves are always green.
The edges of leaves are smooth.
Leaves curled up at night.
Leaves can be of different shapes.
5. Which statement about plants is false. () (1)
Some stems are non-woody.
All plants have fruits.
Some plants have no flowers.
Some stems have thorns.
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. Roots usually grow in the soil.
() 2. The fruits of a papaya tree are poisonous and cannot be eaten.
() 3. A flowering plant can produce fruits even before it is fully grown.
() 4. Not all plants have green leaves. They may be red or yellow.
() 5. Plants with strong woody stems can grow very tall.
1. Fruits that can be eaten are called _______________ fruits.
2. Plants with weak stems creep along the ground. They are called _______________.
3. Plants are usually divided into 2 groups: _______________ plants and _______________ plants.
4. When plants absorb water from the soil, at the same time, they also absorb _______________.
5. Most fruits contain _______________ which can grow into new plants of the same type.