A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. Plants movements are in respond to ________. () (1)
sunlight and water
2. Which statement is incorrect? () (1)
Roots abosrb water and minerals.
Leaves get water from the atmosphere.
Green leaves can produce food.
Stems transport water.
3. When green plants are producing food, they take in ________ and give out ________. () (1)
oxygen . . . carbon dioxide
carbon dioxide . . . oxygen
oxygen . . . nitrogen
nitrogen . . . hydrogen
4. Which one of the following is not a function of roots? () (1)
To hold the plant to the ground.
To absord water.
To move towards sunlight.
To absorb minerals.
5. The function of stomata is to ________ the leaves. () (1)
allow air to go in and out of
prevent air from going into
allow water to be absorbed by
absorb sunlight for
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. Water in the soil contains minerals.
() 2. The ovary is the male part of a flower.
() 3. Roots growing from the stems of orchids are for breathing.
() 4. Plants movements are slow and are noticeable only over a period of time.
() 5. The male part of a flower becomes the fruit.
1. For plants to live and grow, they need ___________ , ___________ and ____________.
2. Tiny openings found on the underside of leaves are called ____________.
3. ____________ protect the flower when it is in the bud stage.
4. Green leaves contain a pigment known as ____________. This pigment helps in the food making process.
5. When a seedling is growing, it gets its food from the ____________.