A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. In an experiment, all the root hairs of a seedling were removed. The root was then immersed into a beaker of water. What would happen to the seedling after a few days? () (1)
It would grow taller and bigger.
It would become healthier.
It would grow more root hairs.
It would dried up.
2. The stem of a ginger plant has special functions, it stores ________ for the plant. () (1)
food and water
food, water and oxygen
3. The leaves of plants are green because they ________. () (1)
contain carbon dioxide
contain a green pigment
4. A roots of a balsam plant were immersed into a beaker of coloured red water. What would happen after a few days. () (1)
When the stem was cut, there were red stains.
All the leaves turned red.
It withered as it doesn't take in red water.
None of the above.
5. The female part of a flower consists of ________.
(a) stigma (b) ovary (c) style (d) petal
(a) and (b).
(a) , (b) and (c).
(a) , (b) and (d).
All of the above.
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. The stem carries food from the roots to the leaves.
() 2. Plants do not breathe.
() 3. Some plants, like the mimosa, respond to touch. When we touch the leaves, they close.
() 4. The Banyan tree has roots growing from the branches.
() 5. The male part of a plant is known as the sepal.
1. When green plants are making food, they get carbon dioxide from the ____________.
2. When a ____________ is growing, it gets food from the swollen part of the seed.
3. The ____________ joins the roots to the rest of the plant.
4. The ____________ are often called the food factories of a plant.
5. The scattering of fruits and seeds is called ____________.