A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. Green plants store the food they produce in the form of ________. () (1)
2. Omnivores are animals which ________. () (1)
eat both plants and animals
eat plants only
eat animals only
drink water only
3. What is the use of chlorophyll in the photosynthesis process? () (1)
Make the leaves look green.
Absorb energy from the sun.
Absorb oxygen from the atmosphere.
4. Energy from the sun is passed on to human in a food chain when ________. () (1)
we go sunbathing
smell delicious food
soak in a hot tub of water
we eat vegetables
5. In this food chain: Grass ---> Rabbits---> Foxes. () (1)
Rabbit population increases, foxes increases.
Rabbit population decreases, foxes increases.
Amount of grass decreases, rabbit decreases.
Rabbit population increases, grass increases.
6. Which statement about bacteria is true? () (1)
Bacteria can be seen by the naked eye.
Bacteria contains chlorophyll.
Bacteria live in all kinds of environment.
Bacteria is herbivorous.
7. Which of the following organisms are decomposers? () (1)
8. Which plant does not contain chlorophyll? () (1)
9. Dead organism decomposes into ________ which is returned to the soil as fertilisers. () (1)
10. When a pot is placed on top of a grass patch for a few days, the grass patch turned from ________. () (1)
brown to green
yellow to green
green to yellow
no changes at all
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. During the night, photosynthesis can take place provided a bulb is turned on.
() 2. A food chain always ends in an animal.
() 3. Plants are green because they contain a green pigment called chlorophyll.
() 4. Human beings are in general herbivorous.
() 5. Living things decompose when they die.
() 6. Plants absorb water from the soil through their roots.
() 7. Bacteria can produce their own food.
() 8. Decay is a process whereby a dead organism is broken down into simpler substances.
() 9. Fungi contains chlorophyll.
() 10. Earthworms are decomposers.
1. To test for the pressence of starch, we often use a brownish solution called __________.
2. The three main types of food consumers are _________, _________ and __________.
3. The tiny pores on the underside of leaves are known as _________.
4. The cat is the __________ and the mouse is the __________.
5. When two or more fodd chains are interconnected, it is known as a __________.