A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. Ginger and potatoes store food in their ________. () (1)
2. Seeds are nutritious because they ________. () (1)
provide food for young plants to grow
are not easily digested
absorb sunlight and minerals
3. Penicillin is a type of medicine for treating bacteria infections, it is extracted from ________. () (1)
4. Plants help to prevent soil erosion by ________. () (1)
absorbing the rain water
binding the soil with their roots
regulating the flow of rain water
aborbing minerals from the soil
5. Poultry are kept by man to ________. () (1)
supply meat and eggs
catch other animals
6. Which of the following animals do not help man to do work? () (1)
7. Caterpillars, grasshoppers and locusts are farmers' ________. () (1)
8. What of the following is not a method of preserving food? () (1)
9. When food is stored at low temperatures, the decomposers are ________. () (1)
10. Earthworms are useful in making soil fertile because ________.
(a) They destroy plants roots.
(b) They loosen the soil.
(c) They provide oxygen to the soil.
(d) They bring dead plant matter into the soil.
(a) & (b).
(a) & (c).
(b) & (d).
(b), (c) & (d).
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. Plants that cause our skin to itch or rash is usually poisonous.
() 2. The papaya fruit is edible but the leaves of the papaya plant contain poison.
() 3. The part of the cauliflower plant that is usually eaten as food is the flower.
() 4. Sheep provide feathers for making pillows.
() 5. Without plants, animals will not be able to exist.
() 6. Rats spread diseases like cholera and malaria.
() 7. Rice and wheat come from seeds.
() 8. Birds can help to destroy pests, for example by feeding on caterpillars.
() 9. Chrysanthemum are poisonous and can kill when drunk.
() 10. Man cannot eat fruits in their fresh form.
1. Pests like mosquitoes and houseflies carry germs and bacteria which can cause ____________.
2. Bacteria are ____________ because they break down dead organisms into simple substance.
3. Tyres, rubber hose and eraser are made from a tree sap known as ____________.
4. ____________ is a process to slow down the decomposition of food.
5. Plants and animals are named and grouped into ____________.