A. Write the number of the correct answer in the brackets.
B. Write "T" for true and "F" for false.
1. When an object is moving. It shows that ________. () (1)
energy is stored
work is being done
energy can be seen
there is electricity
2. Which one of the following is TRUE about the sail on a boat? () (1)
It is for decorative purpose only.
It starts and runs the engine in the boat.
It prevents rain water from getting into the boat.
It uses wind energy to move the boat.
3. When we stretched a rubber band with our fingers, we transfer energy ________. () (1)
from ourselves to the rubber band
from the rubber band to us
in the form of light energy
only when the rubber band snaps
4. When a car is in motion, it posesses ________ energy. () (1)
5. At a construction site, the hammer in a piling machine is an illustration of ________. () (1)
destruction of energy
creation of energy
converting kinetic energy to potential energy
converting potential energy to kinetic energy
6. We can hear our friends when they talk because sound waves travel to our ears. These sound waves are caused by ________. () (1)
7. Which one of the following does not need electricity to function? () (1)
8. A hi-fi set is able to produce music from a CD (compact disc) by converting ________. () (1)
sound energy into electrical energy
sound energy into vibrations
vibrations into light and heat
electrical energy into sound energy
9. The energy from the food we eat is NOT converted into ________ energy. () (1)
10. A hydro-electric station produces electricity by using the energy from ________. () (1)
fast flowing water
C. Fill in the blanks with the most suitable word.
1. When a spring is compressed, energy is being taken from the spring.
() 2. Energy helps us to do work.
() 3. Energy in fuels comes from the Sun.
() 4. Sound is not a form of energy.
() 5. Windmills harass energy from the Earth's revolution.
() 6. Energy in animals come from the food they eat.
() 7. Energy from the Sun is known as chemical energy.
() 8. Running water is not a form of energy.
() 9. Turbines are used in power station to generate electricity.
() 10. Energy travels in straight lines.
1. Our Earth gets energy from the Sun. This energy is often referred to as ____________ energy.
2. Things like batteries which provide energy are called ___________ ____________.
3. Reflected sounds are called ____________.
4. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can be ____________ from one form to another.
5. When a boy walks up a flight of stairs, his ____________ energy increases.